We're on a dip dying kick folks! A few weeks ago we showed you how to dip dye a wedding dress and today our fantastic intern, Tess, will walk you through making a super simple and beautiful backdrop/wall hanging.
- Cut your canvas to the desired size.
- Wash your canvas in a washing machine. Don't worry about drying it. It's better to dye canvas while it's wet because it soaks up color better.
- Fill your container halfway with water.
- Add in small amounts of dye at a time, using scraps of canvas to test the the saturation.
- Once you create your desired color dip your canvas into the water.
- Submerge the canvas to the point where you want the color to end and let it soak for about five minutes.
- After five minutes take some of the fabric out and add more dye to the water so the color becomes more saturated.
- Repeat this process, adding more dye each time and taking more of the canvas out of the water. This will create an ombré effect.
This makes a great ceremony or photobooth backdrop and can also double as an awesome decorative piece in your home or office. Think we might make one for the LA office :)